Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Brisbane is the capital and most populous city in the Australian state of Queensland and the third most populous city in Australia. It's metropolitan area has an approximate population of 2 million.
Prior to European settlement, the Brisbane area was inhabited by the Turrbal and Jagera people, whose ancestors migrated to the region from across the Torres Strait

Monday, September 6, 2010

The QLD Art Gallery

I love the Art gallery, all the water makes my Cancerian heart beat that little bit faster when I walk in. It's the queen of places to go when you are broke and feeling blue.  Just take a notebook and write bad poetry while you're looking at the artworks but secretly people watching.


The gallery was officially opened in 1982.  I can remember that public consensus was that it was such a drab and plain building.  I only began to like it when an architect friend explained the concept of Bauhaus architecture to me one day over lunch. "it's meant to enhance the natural landscape" He said "The whole building is an echo of the river bank" 
It was immediately beautiful to me....


No comments:

Post a Comment