Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Brisbane is the capital and most populous city in the Australian state of Queensland and the third most populous city in Australia. It's metropolitan area has an approximate population of 2 million.
Prior to European settlement, the Brisbane area was inhabited by the Turrbal and Jagera people, whose ancestors migrated to the region from across the Torres Strait

Monday, December 27, 2010

Sirromet Wineries

Now I'll admit the standing joke at my last job was that my perfect career would be as a tour-guide of budget places around Brisbane "Cheap-arse tours presents...", but there's just one place that I've been to many times and never regretted a single cent of the (mostly sizeable) bill.  That's Restaurant Lurleens at Sirromet Wineries down at Mt Cotton.

I love many things about this place, the architecture, the views across to Moreton bay, the service but I return for the food.  The menu is filled with local produce, I'm sure that it's helping local farmers stay afloat in this crazy mass produced world.  You also get extremely generous portions for your money.  I've visited for Breakfast, morning tea, lunch and dinner and have yet to walk out the door feeling anything but perfectly content

If you're after a less expensive excursion, you can take a tour of the winery and wine tasting for $20 per person.  If you'd just like to have a wine tasting, you can sample up to 8 wines for $5 at the Cellar Door. I don't drink but I imagine you could have a very pleasant day sitting outside sipping wines and sharing a cheese platter

The least you should know: Sirromet Wineries are at 850 Mount Cotton Road at Mount Cotton, about 30 minutes south of Brisbane. Make sure that you make a booking before you head down because this place is very popular

The entrance to the Wineries and Restaurant Lurleens

It was quite a rainy day, but it seems to add to the feeling of being in a friends country house

The main meal sizes are generous. I usually order two entree sizes instead of an entree and a main, just so that I might be able to have dessert as well

Restaurant Lurleens

The cellars underneath the restaurant. One of my friends got married in here, which would have been incredible.

1 comment: